Saturday 11 December 2010

brown paper parcels

The first few presents are wrapped up neatly in brown paper and stamped with fat snowflakes... er well its a doily stamp but it looks suitably snowflake-y. I'm happy with them anyway and though I don't feel all that Christmas-y yet I did string up the lights outside and put the tree up (with much internal swearing). As a family we all put the ornaments on (which I rearranged quite a few because I'm ever so slightly crazy). So far only two have leapt to the floor in a bid to escape. I love the lights but I have never been much of a fan of Christmas music (Matt says its because I'm a grinch) so we listened to Planet Rock while decorating and hoovering pine needles.

and this is a picture of my craft space, tidy isn't it? With two mostly made dolls (one in need of eyes and one I don't really like as she didn't go the way I wanted and I keep abandoning her various places around the house). Last night Matt hung the two frames above my desk, the smaller of the two is a button art piece by Megan (Vintage Violet), it has a Halloween theme but I loved it so much that I had to have it framed and finally up on the wall.

The larger frame makes me both happy and very sad as it is a tatted doily that Matthew's grandmother gave me for my birthday. She passed on a few months ago and she was a very special lady. This is the first I have blogged about it as we have all be very upset and its been a very stressful and upsetting time for all the family. She was lovely and always made me feel like I belonged in the family and always thought about my mother and loved the See's candy we would bring bake from the states though she wasn't supposed to eat it.

It will be a sad christmas this year. But we will try to make it special for Harrison who in typical child fashion takes things better than we grown up do.

I am crying now and I meant this post to be light and airy and I fear that won't happen now. And my laptop battery is nearly gone. So I'm going to watch something silly while curled up in bed and tomorrow I am making pancakes for breakfast.

6 comments:

Ampersand Commodities said...

im very sorry to hear your sad news. i have a similar problem...just concentrate on enjoying the time with your family...and eating lots of yummy things...and getting lovely presents.
xx

jillytacy said...

Your creative space is lovely!
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, that makes the holidays challenging. I hope that in time your framed doily will bring you peace and remind you of the happy times you spent with her. Happy holidays!

Kitschy Coo said...

Really sorry that this Christmas will be tinged with sadness :( Take comfort in the joy and excitement of H. xx

PS. Love the new blog look!

Giggly said...

Aww, sweetie ((HUGS)) I know how you feel. This time of year gets tough when thinking of loved ones who have passed. We have a few that passed on recently that won't be with us. :(

I love the brown paper wrap! Lovely idea!

Enjoy making new sweet memories with your little Harrison this holiday season.
XOXOX
With Love,
Giggly

Anonymous said...

Nice post, kind of drawn out though. Really good subject matter though.

Salad Recipes said...

Great poost thank you