Sunday 31 October 2010

Halloween Meme

vampire cupcake

the wind blows bitter through the last of the autumn leaves, time to huddle by the fire a spell, clutching a cup of steaming tea (coffee or cider you choose your poison) soon all manner of ghosts and goblins will be ranging the streets in search of sickeningly sweet treats.

The Halloween Meme

What is your favorite work of horror fiction?
I'm quite addicted to the Anita Blake, and Sookie Stackhouse series which I suppose are technically paranormal romance/urban fantasy/gothic... I love Neil Gaiman's novels too... and I used to obsess over the stories on tape when I was in elementary school, you know the beep turn the page ones, there used to be a couple of spooky stories I would listen to again and again. Like the one about the woman with the ribbon around her neck who tells her husband never to touch it and he does, and her head rolls off... and the one about Bluebeard ....

What is your favorite work of science fiction/fantasy?

Stephen King's the Stand.. one of my all time favourite novels, Neil Gaiman's American Gods, I think there are just tooo many to choose from .. have a look at my goodreads list as some of the more recent books are there.

Who is your favorite monster? hmmm Vampires or werewolves... thank god for TrueBlood having proper vampires because I can't stand that sparkly crap....sorry I dont mind reading pulp fiction but not Sparkles McGuffin.... also The Lost Boys best vampires ever.

Favourite Horror movie? ohh I love all sorts.. especially crappy ones.. nothing is more fun than being curled up in a dark room laughing your ass off at some terrible monster movie... Resident Evil (Alice kicks ass), Monster Squad, Critters, Aliens, Young Frankenstein, the Nightmare Before Christmas, Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice...... Zombieland, Day of the Dead (aka lets live forever in the mall)

What horror movie gives you the most chills? I prefer the crappier sort as the ones that really scare you never have the fun factor.

What character from any horror film would you most like to play? Alice in the Resident evil flicks... she kicks ass and survives everything... also she has really great boots and weapons.

Freddy or Jason? Freddy... I never liked the Jason movies much but would watch the freddy ones over and over.

What is your favorite Halloween treat? candy corn... dark chocolate, jelly beans, haribo sour cherries

Ghosts or goblins? depends on the Goblin I suppose some can be quite cute... or can be evil like the little bastard that pops out of the toilet in Ghoulies 2

jack pumpkin


Friendly-faced jack o’lantern or scary one? both really....I really like the elaborate ones but the best I could do was Jack Skellington last Halloween.

What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal? nothing specific but sometimes you go into a house or place and it just feels creepy.

Do you believe in ghosts? yes.. why not? there are too many things out there that we don't know about.

Would you rather be a zombie, werewolf or non-sparkly vampire? I suppose I would be a werewolf..or a vampire... though some might argue I'm already a witch before coffee in the morning. :oP

Favorite Halloween costume? as a kid I liked to be a witch, a cat, or a vampire.. I don't think things have changed all that much...though mostly I dress as a witch as I rather like my pointy hat.

Best thing about Halloween? Everything, the candy, the pumpkins, and crappy movies and just the whole thing.. I think I would live in Halloween Town if I could where everything is atmospheric and fantastic.

Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)? Harrison... as his birthday is at the end of October so everything is fantastic for him...and I may have trained him that Halloween is the best thing EVER...

Are you superstitious? If so, name at least one superstition of yours. not really though I sometimes play the stepping over cracks in pavement game with H.


If you have read this consider yourself tagged leave me a comment and I will trundle over to read your meme answers and hopefully remember a few more crappy horror movies to gleefully add to my list!

1 comment:

jillytacy said...

I don't like scary movies but I love Zombieland and Shawn of the Dead. They're funny horror movies! I laughed at your witch before coffee response. Very funny!