Wednesday 17 March 2010

The Mad Hatter

Alice in Wonderland DS Game *want*

A few weeks ago my friend Marina popped over for a coffee and a natter about crafty things as she embroiders (something I fail at) and crochets (something I plan to fail at) and sews much better than I can. Although she is very accomplished craft wise she didn't know much about the world of craft blogs so I showed her a few of my favourite inspirational craft blogs and places to find some awesomely geeky free patterns and great tutorials.

the Mad Hatter by Marina

When we finished talking craft geekery we gossiped about books and movies and I showed her a book on my amazon wish list and right next to it was the above Alice in Wonderland DS game, which I showed her and we both thought the little Mad Hatter was adorable. A few hours later I got a text from her saying she had doodled a little Mad Hatter on some fabric and was embroidering him for me! So here he is in all his cuteness. Sorry he is wrinkled but I hadn't had a chance to iron him or frame him yet. But I do have a vintage metal embroidery hoop that he should fit in nicely. Thank you so much Marina you are an awesome friend and I need to talk you into blogging!

a little mushroom too

I don't have the game yet, I wanted to wait for some more reviews before I spend the money on it, though I think it is meant to be a puzzle type game which I love. So aside from Nintendo or Disney reading my blog and deciding I am special and awesome and should be sent a free copy to blog about, *flutters lashes*. I shall probably have to wait till my birthday at the end of April.... pants....

6 comments:

Flame said...

He is fabulous!

Oh and PLEASE show her this comment with me saying I'm really sorry for being completely incompetent and never sending thank you for Mickey. We loved him.

Unknown said...

What a clever and talented friend you have.

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

ooh i like them - she needs to blog or at least flickr - does she flickr? i want to see more!

Kitschy Coo said...

That's amazing! You're very lucky :)

Apol said...

my completely-not-related-to-this-post question is: when are we going to get to read your fairytale about ravens???

Fiona said...

I lurve that Mad Hatter. He's mad!