Thursday 15 October 2009

poison peach

poison peach

I really got into this swap after much dithering, fussing, crying, and whimpering over my crafting abilities. I knew I wanted to make a peach (because that's what the Goblin King gives Hoggle to give Sarah) and had 3 attempts before settling on this final peach, made with linen, a vintage doily, felt, a stick and a vintage button, and stuffed with poly-fil and dried lavender. I was terribly worried about it and dithered for a day about sending it or not, but after not looking at it for a few hours and going back to it my nerves calmed and I was very pleased with how it turned out and a part of me wanted to keep it for myself.

Sarah with book illustration

The illustration I did of Sarah reading from the Labyrinth, its not as dark as this but its the best picture I could get after a dismal day and messing about in paintshop for ages. I'm glad Amanda says she likes everything because I was so worried as she is fantastic and makes such beautiful children's clothing and sent me such a fab swap. I did think that even if she hated everything I had still bribed her with Reece's Pieces so she couldn't complain too much! ;)

terrible picture of everything sent, including: oreos, reese's pieces, knitting needle bangle, onyx and mandarin jade bracelet, illustration, needle book, and a fat quarter of fab fabric


another view of the poison peach from the Goblin King

2 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

Your peach pictures are sooooo much better than mine! I love everything, thank you :)

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

i love it all Meri - i think the peach is fantastic loving the doily side best of course x
thanks for organising this swap - i'm ashamed to say mine is still unsent - i've been in a crafting void no doubt something to do with Goblins . . . .