Thursday 5 March 2009

Little Red and the Wolf

Red Riding Hood fabric lavender and rice warmbag

I am the first to admit that I'm a procrastinator, I work slow and in my own time, you can push me but most likely I won't budge until I'm ready. I haven't been crafting much the last week or two because I really haven't felt the buzz of craftiness, and the happiness of playing with materials. I think mostly I am feeling homesick for the states, even though I'm well aware that I will be flying out to Seattle in a few weeks time to visit my parents in Idaho, and hopefully to meet with Selena on the two days we have booked to stay in downtown Seattle at the end of the trip before flying back here.

The picture is of a lavender and rice warm bag that H and I made for Frizbe's younger daughter's birthday this week, he choose the fabric and helped me sew in on my little sewing machine. It was very sweet that it was so important to him to make a warm bag for little N. When I asked why he said it was because I make them and they smell good. Bless.

I did have did have a bit of good news yesterday, when I visited Out Framed Gallery in Ripley, where they have a display of my jewellery on sale. I showed her the lavender sachets I have been making and she loves them and will be taking some to have in a little basket in the shop from Monday (when I can make a few more from a few different fabrics) and she went gaga over my little Owl pin cushion which I brought along to show her. So I guess I know what I shall be making over the weekend. Oh and she gave me a commission cheque for two bracelets that sold! I think that means I can order some goodies from etsy don't you?

I'll post the names chosen for the Pay it Forward scheme a little later today, and some further adventures in book clubbing too.

9 comments:

Emma Loves Stitching said...

I love the fabric bag, it's co cute.
Keep yourself busy with other things and you'll soon feel your craftiness coming back, I'm sure a trip home will inspire you as well.

Love your blog,
keep smiling
Emma:)

JuanitaTortilla said...

There you go -- some monetary motivation for your craft work! *ka-ching*.

Now get crafting.

Flame said...

aww for homesick :(

shelia said...

the little rice bag is sooooo stinkin cute! love that fabric :)

Frizbe said...

Hugs for the homesickness, your dh will just have to buy another house in the States and then you can do half a year here and half there!

Frizbe said...

PS: you know dd2 loves the bag :-)

Anonymous said...

that is wonderful news about displaying even more of your crafts. And I understand the homesickness. To me this is the hardest part of the year because I am so anxious for spring. Even in Seattle, spring is usually late to arrive and summer doesn't arrive until July that I feel homesick for California weather. But hey I still miss bootsales and Waitrose too.

Kitty Ballistic said...

The warm bag is very cute, and that's great news about the lavender sachets and the owl. I hope you get your craftin' mojo back soon. I always have a good rootle through craft groups on Flickr, or blogs, or magazines when I get crafter's block - there's usually something to tempt me, even if it's just a small thing.

Anonymous said...

First of all... I saw a bracelet in your sidebar (etsy shop) that looks remarkably like one I made for myself, and that I love. Clearly, you have an excellent eye for colour and wonderful taste. ;)

That's great news about the shop that carries your work. I have a basket FULL of stuff that I need to take to the consignment shop that carries my jewellery. Actually, it's the last of my stock, since I am "taking a break" indefinitely.