Friday 3 October 2008

Vintage Violet's Buttons

vintage red buttons

Aren't these vintage red buttons beautiful? and the presentation too? I ordered them a few weeks ago from Megan of Vintage Violet's Buttons and Vintage Haberdashery, they arrived a few days later beautifully packaged and gorgeous. You can also visit her blog!

black and red vintage buttons

I have no idea what I will be doing with this amount of buttons, my attempts at sewing are still laughable but my embroidery has improved a little bit so I may embroider a few more button thieves and poison apple trees on some linen tea towels. Once I have sourced some natural linen tea towels that is, or find someone willing to make me some linen tea towels to embroider and add some lovely buttons too.

mother of pearl buttons and a pretty little note.

5 comments:

jillytacy said...

Wow the vintage buttons are beautiful! They will look great on a poison apple tree. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I love Megan's buttons too!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

Meri thanks for the compliments - i LOVE making the packaging.

i'm just so pleased you liked them.

thanks jill & katy too!

muralimanohar said...

How cool is that packaging??? And the buttons are supersweet, too.

Chelsea Van Tol said...

ooh this buttons are all so lovely! I am going to check out the sites now..