Saturday 17 November 2007

Marie Claire Magazine Craft Challenge


Today I bought a Marie Clair Magazine and attached to it was a free canvas bag with the slogan 'Plastic Ain't My Bag' all well and good, save the environment little by little. But for a lack of anything better to do I thought I would decorate the blank back of the canvas tote. Not that I don't have plenty of things I could have been doing tonight but due to extenuating circumstances I was not going to get anything done tonight. M has a migraine and is curled up in bed since yesterday and Lucky me the fuse for the downstairs lights has blown and I'm stuck with a dull reading lamp and assortment of candles to light my way. I'm not ironing by candle light, I can't paint as I intended as its too dark so I got out the MC bag and a fabric pen and entertained myself. I suppose I could be watching tv as the wall sockets work but there really isn't anything on that I want to watch.

The pictures are shoddy as the flash on the camera is only small and next to useless, but I'm quite happy with the result. If anyone actually reads this blog and Marie Claire Magazine, and also crafts, possibly a very small niche, I think its a quick little project to get your imagination going. So go on give the little hamster a kick to his wheel. All you need is the magazine with the free bag, and a fabric pen or permanent marker pen.


Willow Tree Bag




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, that's clever. I think I might get a mag tomorrow and have a go myself ....
x

Unknown said...

Clever idea, I'm getting a mag too. Think you've started something, lol! Good to have you back Meridian, glad you have a nice break :)

saraeden said...

Your bag idea is great my girls usually end up with the free things off magazines and im sure they would love this idea to decorate a bag !!!

Sara x

Annie B said...

lovely idea - I already have one of those bags (obviously falling into that tiny category of people who craft and buy MC!) so I might just follow your lead

thanks for the idea

Adele said...

Love the bag!!!!Thank you for pointing me in the right direction I might try one myself.
From a fellow "Leftie!"
love Dingle.x

Frizbe said...

looks great hon, so wish I had your talent.

Clang Clang said...

Hoorah. Am going to buy it tomorrow. In fact, extreme skintness has led to a dip in my magazine habit recently, so this is the perfect excuse to jump off the wagon.